Ms. Amritha P joined Chinmaya Institute of technology in July 2004. Extremely interested in teaching, she wants to make it interesting for the students as well.
Post Graduation : Master in Engineering (ME) in computer science and Engineering , Department of Computer Science & Engineering(Guindy Campus), Anna University Chennai.
Post Graduate Diploma : Post graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing from Amrita Viswavidya Peetham Coimbatore conducted by C-DAC, Pune
Graduation : B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, LBS Engineering College, Kasaragod.
UGC NET in Computer Science and Application
Faculty of Computer Science Department at Rajaram Shinde College of Engineering (Under University of Mumbai) Rathnagiri District from June 2003 to April 2004.
Faculty of School of Computer Science & Information Technology at Chinmaya Institute of Technology from July 2004 onwards.
SUBJECT TAUGHT IN GRADUATE LEVEL
Data structures and Algorithms, Computer Organization, Database management system, Numerical methods, Visual basic.
SUBJECT TAUGHT IN POST GRADUATE LEVEL
MFC & GTK, Linux Firewalls and IPV6, Digital systems & Microprocessor, Data structures & Algorithms, Computer Organization, Linux Administration, Linux Kernel, Database Management Systems, Multimedia Technology, Compiler Design, Network Programming and Administration, Operations Research
AREA OF SPECIALIZATIONS
Wireless Adhoc Networks
Wireless Sensor Networks
Geographic Information Systems
SEMINARS & PAPER PRESENTATION
Presented a paper on ‘A Timing based Countermeasure for Wormhole Attack in AODV Routing protocol’ in International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology at Bangalore (CSIT2011) in 2011
Presented paper on ‘Performance Analysis of Routing protocols in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks’ at National Conference conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology in 2011
Presented a Paper on ‘Mitigation Wormhole attack in AODV Routing Protocol Using a Combination of Cost and Timing based method’ in National conference CSIT2013, Bangalore
Published a paper named Wormhole attack evasion in wireless ad-hoc network using a cost based countermeasure at International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) 2014
Participated Faculty Development Program at IIM Kozhikode on Recent Trends in IT and Education,Jan 2008
Participated UGC sponsored 5 Day Workshop conducted at academic staff college, Kannur University 2014
Participated Hadoop cluster workshop conducted by Assure Pvt Bangalore at Chinmaya Institute of Tehnology 2013
Participated NPTEL workshop conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology October 2014
Participated one day National workshop on Ns2 Simulator at VJCET, Muvattupuzha January 2015
Participated Five Day STTP On Formal Languages & Automata Theory organised by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Govt College of Engineering Kannur on 29th February – 4th March 2016
Coordinator (Technical Section) National Conference conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology in 2011
Coordinator for the UGC sponsored Workshop on Geographic Information System at Chinmaya Institute of Technology July 2014
One of the Coordinator, NPTEL Workshop conducted by IIT Madras at Chinmaya Institute of Technology October 2014
Amritha, a native of Kannur, happily married to Rajesh PV, Senior Sub. Divisional Engineer BSNL Kannur. She is blessed with two kids.
Holds a Master’s degree in Computer Applications, NET qualified and is currently pursuing Ph. D. A constant learner who is passionate in teaching. Believes that a good teacher should be a role model who have subject expertise, good communication skills, love for students and have trust on their potential. Ready to update teaching methods for improved learning experience. Major strengths are readiness to learn new things, share it with others and determination to complete assigned tasks. Her area of interest also includes software development.
PROJECTS CARRIED OUT:
Projects At Work place:
RESEARCH PAPERS PRESENTED AND PUBLISHED
Presented a paper on “Load Distribution Algorithms in Homogeneous Clusters”at ICMCM-2009(International Conference on Mathematical Computing and Management), conducted by MACFAST, Thiruvalla
Presented a paper “Dynamic Sender-initiated Algorithms with reduced polls”, at International Conference, RETIS-2011(Recent Trends in Information Systems), Jadavpur University, Kolkata (Published in IEEE Explore Digital Library)
Presented a paper on “Single System Image Clustering using Kerrighed” at ICoAC(International Conference on Advanced Computing) Dec 14-16 2011, at Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai (Published in IEEE Explore Digital Library)
Presented a paper on “ Experience with clustering using Condor” at Annual research Congress 2010 at Karpagam University.
Published a paper titled “High Throughput Computing using Condor”, Aavishkar-2011, conducted by Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur, Kerala.
Presented a paper titled “Analysis of cluster load sharing algorithms using SimGrid”,at National Conference, NCRSIP-2012,conducted by Dept of IT, Kannur University in May 2012.
Completed the training of the first module, and passed in first module exam of Oracle Certification Exam (First Module: Introduction to SQL: Oracle 9i)
Qualified UGC NET in June 2014
WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS ATTENDED
Staff Development Programme on “Grid Computing- An Academic, Industrial and Social Perspective” sponsored by AICTE at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore in 2009.
Workshop on ‘NBA Accreditation’ organized by Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2009.
International Workshop on “Cloud Computing” at Department of Computer Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai in 2010.
Short Term Course in “Geographic Information Systems with Web Applications” conducted by Academic Staff College, sponsored by University Grants Commission at Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2014
“NPTEL Kerala Workshop” organized by Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur and Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2014
Bimal. V. O received his Ph.D in Grid Computing(2009-17) from Karpagam University, TamilNadu. He completed Master Of Computer Applications from Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore(1999-2002) under Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum. He is a Bachelor in Electronics from College of Applied Sciences under Institute of Human Resource Development(1995-1998), Govt of Kerala. He has project experience with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)- an aerospace and defence company based in Bangalore and Centre for Electronic Design and Technology of India (CEDTI). He is a member of Chinmaya family from 2007 onwards. Married to Swapna (Asst. Engineer, PWD): daughter – Ananya S Bimal -Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kannur
Papers Published/ Presented
Conference/ Seminar ( National/ International ) Papers
” “BE THERE” Youth Empowerment program organized by CHYK, Chinmaya Vibhooti, Pune from May 23-27, 2018
Short term course on “Cloud Computing” organized by NITTTR, Chandigarh, Punjab from Oct 23-27, 2017
Two day National workshop on “Research Report Writing” organized by the school of Library and information science, Rajagiri College Of Social Sciences in association with Kerala Library Association held from 17-18 Feb 2017
Workshop on “GIS” 07 – 11 July 2014 conducted by UGC – Academic Staff College, Kannur University, Kerala
Two day National workshop on “Enhancing research skills in information Technology” 23,24 Sept 2011 conducted by Kannur University, Kerala
Workshop on “NBA Accreditation” 23, 24 Oct 2009 conducted by Chintech, Kannur, Kerala
Associate Professor, 2017 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Assistant Professor, 2010 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Lecturer, 2007 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Network Administrator, 2006 TBGRI, Thiruvananthapuram, under Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment-National centre of Excellence, Govt: of India.
Lecturer (Guest), 2006 Annamalai University off Campus, Calicut.
Lecturer, 2006 St:Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Calicut.
Lecturer, 2005 AWH Special College, Calicut.
Trainer, 2003 Times Technologies. Bangalore after the successful training on “IBM Mainframe” from KSAB Software, Chennai.
Software Programmer, 2002 Sunbeam Technologies, Bangalore.
Area of Interest/ Subjects handled
Ms. Kavitha Rajan joined Chinmaya Institute of Technology in January 2006. A teacher by choice she started her teaching career in January 2000 in School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, after completing her MCA from SRM Engg. College, Madras University. She has a PhD in Computational Linguistics from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)-Hyderabad. Her areas of interest are language and semantics.
• Associate Professor School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Tech-nology, Kannur. Kerala. July 2016 – till date.
• Assistant Professor School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Kerala. July 2013 – present (Rejoined).
• Teaching Assistant International Institute of Information Technology-Hyderabad, Gachibowli. Telangana. Spring & Monsoon 2010, 2011.
• Lecturer School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Kerala.January 2006 – July 2007 (was on study leave from July 2007 to June 2013 for pursuing PhD in IIIT-H)
• Guest Lecturer, Contract Lecturer. School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Mahathma Gandhi University, Edappally & Kottayam Centres. Kerala.January 2000 – January 2006.
• Student of PhD Computational Linguistics, July 2007 – 2013 (full-time), July 2013 – December (part-time)2015.
• Ontology of language, (July – December 2011): A new course called ‘Ontology of Language’ was introduced. Helped in designing the syllabus and conducting classes.
Course deals with ontology of language independent of any particular language. It looks into the various phenomena of meaning of language like processes, events etc., and their roles. The course dealt with expressive and impressive meaning of language.
Objective: Students will learn Indian grammatical thoughts on language and modern theories. Students will appreciate Indian thoughts. They will master computational aspect of language. They will have hands onexperience with various language tools.
• Hindi and English Verb classification using the new theory, (May 21st July19th 2010): Summer interns were introduced to the new theory. They classified 500 verbs in Hindi and English. The classification done and problems faced during the process were used for extending the work.
• Teaching assistant, (Spring 2010, 2011 & Monsoon 2010)
‘Meaning: Cognition, Language and Ontology’, ‘Panini’s theory of grammar’, ‘Ontology of Language’.
• External Doctoral Committee Member, Appointed as External Doctoral Committee expert in School
of Computer Science and Engineering at VIT University March, 2017.
• Additional Examiner, Active participant in Kannur University valuation camps. Participated in MG University camps earlier.
• External examiner, Active participant in Kannur University lab examinations and project viva voce for students. Participated in MG University related work earlier.
• ACL-SRW-2013 Student Volunteer.
• NPTEL-Kerala workshop, 2014 Part of organising team of NPTEL-Kerala two day workshop held at Chinmaya Institute of Technology on Oct 20-21, 2014. Took care of invitation, registration and overall coordination.
CONFERENCES / LECTURES
• Presented work at World Sanskrit Conference 2012, ACL-SRW 2013, IRISS 2015
• Student Volunteer ACL-SRW 2013, Bulgaria.
• Attended COLING 2012, Mumbai. ICON 2009, UoH.
• Attended lecture series titled ”NLP: A Paninian Perspective – Akshar Bharati Journey” on 18-20, 23 October 2010. Distinguished Lecture Series on 3rd March, 2010 in the UoH. by Prof. George Cardona. The title of his talk was: Panini and Padakaras: evidence of early arguments concerning segmentation. Lecture Series onTitle: The Spirit of Enquiry.13-18th Sept, 2010. by Dr. Tejinder Walia.
• AICTE Sponsored Staff Development Program in Advanced Computer Science and Mathematics for MCA Faculty, conducted by Dept. of Computer Sceinece & Applications, Mar Athanasios College for Advanced Studies. Thiruvalla, Kerala. March 12th to 26th 2007.
• Workshop on University Teaching in Technology Applied Sciences- Issues & Concerns, conducted by School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Kottayam, Kerala on 5th October 2015.
• PhD coursework, Computational linguistics 1 & 2, Language typology and universals, DBMS, Nlp Applications, Generalised syntax, Advanced algorithms, Information dynamics in language & Machine Translation,Meaning: cognition, language and Ontology, AI, Computer programming in C, Linguistic data: collection &analysis.
• Courses taught & being taught, Communication & Presentation Skills, System Simulation & Modelling, Computer Graphics, Discrete Maths, Operating Systems, System Analysis & Design, Software Engineering,Management Information System, DBMS, Operation Research, Python Programming, System & Network Administration
• MCA coursework, Discrete Structures, Digital computer fundamentals, Financial Accounting & analysis,Fortran & numerical methods, Computer Architecture, Software engineering, Operating systems, Computer Graphics, C++, Structured system analysis & design, Computer oriented statistical methods, Programming in Pascal & C, System software, Data structures, Microprocessor & its applications, Organisational dynamics,
Fourth generation languages, Management information system, DBMS, Design & analysis of algorithms,Operation research techniques, AI & expert systems.
1. Kavitha Rajan, “punct & MT”, Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Natural Language Processing ICON – Women Scientists in NLP, IIT BHU, December 17, 2016(to appear in ACL Anthology).
2. Kavitha Rajan, “punct – An Alternative Verb Semantic Ontology Representation”, Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Natural Language Processing ICON, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, December 11-14, 2015(to appear in ACL Anthology).
3. Kavitha Rajan “Understanding Verbs based on Overlapping Verbs Senses”, Proceedings of the ACL Student Research Workshop, Bulgaria. August 4-9, 2013, 59-66.
4. Kavitha Rajan & Navjyoti Singh “Computational analysis of Sanskrit verbs”, Proceedings of 15th World Sanskrit Conference, Delhi. January 5-10, 2012.
5. Kavitha Rajan, “punct & MT”, ICON -2016, Women Scientists in NLP, IIT BHU, December 17-20, 2016.
6. Kavitha Rajan, “punct – An Alternative Verb Semantic Ontology Representation”, ICON-2015, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, December 12-14, 2015.
7. IRISS, Feb 5, 2015 BITS Pilani, GOA. Thesis topic selected for poster presentation. http://www.cse.iitd.ac.in/ naveen/activities/IRISS/posters.pdf.
8. Kavitha Rajan “Understanding Verbs based on Overlapping Verbs Senses”, Proceedings of the ACL Student Research Workshop, Bulgaria. August 4-9, 2013.
Recieved travel grant from ACM India for attending IRISS-2015, held in BITS Pilani, GOA on Feb 5,2015.
Recieved complete travel grant from ACL for attending ACL-SRW 2013 conference held in Sofia, Bulgaria on August 4-9, 2013.
Recieved travel grant from IIITH to attend COLING, 2012 held in Mumbai.
Recieved travel grant from IIITH to attend 15th World Sanskrit Conference, Delhi. January 5-10, 2012.
Mrs Jeena Kleenankandy, joined Chinmaya Institute of Technology as Assistant Professor in June 2011.
She holds an M.Tech in Software Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology and B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from College of Engineering , Thalassery. Before joining Chintech, she has been working in Wipro Technologies, Kochi as Project Engineer. She has experience in various niche technologies including Ajax, Portals, EJBs etc. Her strong area is Java programming and is a Sun Certified Java Programmer. She has been trained in IBM Websphere Commerce Application Development and Portal Solution Development. She has had opportunity to work in various domains like Health Care, E-commerce etc. Jeena,a native of Kannur,is happily married to Mr. Sreejith K, Proprietor, Penta Systems,Kannur. She is blessed with a son and a daughter, who are her greatest strength and weakness. She spends her spare time reading and learning new technologies. Though this is her first experience in teaching, she feels that this is one of the profession where you can give something back to the society. She sincerely hopes that her students will come up as,not just good professionals,but also good individuals who will contribute to the development of the society in one way or the other.
For more info http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeena-kleenankandy/84/45a/3a8
AREA OF INTEREST:
Working as Asst. Professor of MCA in School of Computer Science and Information Technology, Department(CS&IT) at Chinmaya Institute of Technology
M-Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (2014)
National Insttute of Technology, Thiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India
B-Tech in Information Technology (2006)
College of Engineering Munnar, Cochin University, Kerala, India
Assistant Professor in Information Technology :
School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur, Kerala, India From 02.01.2008 – till the date
Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre,Pampady, Thrissur, Kerala, India
From 01.12.2006 to 15.12.2007
Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki, Kerala, India
From 17.07.2006 to 27.11.2006
AREA OF INTEREST/SUBJECT HANDLED :
Subjects taught at post graduate level (MCA):
Data structures and Algorithms, Database management system, Discrete Mathematics, Linux Kernel, Ipv6 and Linux Firewalls, System Programming and Compiler Design, Computer Organization, Theory of Computation.
Subjects taught at graduate level (B-Tech):
C-Programming, Data Communications, Information Retrieval, Microprocessors 8085/8086, Economics, Software Engineering.
Paper presented at National Conference :
Ramya A V, Sivasankar E, “Distributed pattern matching and document analysis in big data using Hadoop MapReduce model ”, IEEE, 2014 International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC). ISBN: 978-1-4799-7682-9 INSPEC Accession Number: 14903763 Publisher: IEEE
PARTICIPATED FDPS/WORKSHOPS/COURSES :
Attended a short time course on Integration of Geographic Information Systems with Web Applications – July 7th to 11th 2014 Conducted under the Professional Development Programme of UGC Academic Staff College Kannur University.
Participated in the NPTEL – Kerala workshop organized by Govt. College of Engineering,Kannur & Chinmaya Institute of Technology held on 20-21 October,2014
Faculty Development Programmes Attended:
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Algorithms and Complexity’ Conducted by NIT Calicut on 2008 July.
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Rich Internet Applications’ Conducted by NIT Surathkalon 2009 June.
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Applications of Discrete mathematical structures to Engineering’ Conducted by NIT Calicut on 2011 June.
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Bioinformatics – Algorithms, Databases and Tools (BIOADT)’ Conducted by NIT Calicut on 2012 June.
Mr.Shajeer M.P. is an M.C.A holder from Chinmaya Institute of Technolgy, Kannur. He did his graduation in Electronics from Taliparamba Arts & Science College.
Workshop/Seminar/IT Fests Conducted:
Online Courses attending / Completed
Date of joining: 02nd September 2010
Six months industrial project from Sun Microsystem, Bangalore.
Operating Systems – Windows, DOS, Linux
Programming Languages – C, C++, J2EE, JavaFx,Perl, Visual C++
Mobile Platform – Android
Web Development – Drupal, WordPress
Database – PostgreSQL, MySOL Networking, Oracle