Ms. Amritha P joined Chinmaya Institute of technology in July 2004. Extremely interested in teaching, she wants to make it interesting for the students as well.
Post Graduation : Master in Engineering (ME) in computer science and Engineering , Department of Computer Science & Engineering(Guindy Campus), Anna University Chennai.
Post Graduate Diploma : Post graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing from Amrita Viswavidya Peetham Coimbatore conducted by C-DAC, Pune
Graduation : B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, LBS Engineering College, Kasaragod.
UGC NET in Computer Science and Application
Faculty of Computer Science Department at Rajaram Shinde College of Engineering (Under University of Mumbai) Rathnagiri District from June 2003 to April 2004.
Faculty of School of Computer Science & Information Technology at Chinmaya Institute of Technology from July 2004 onwards.
SUBJECT TAUGHT IN GRADUATE LEVEL
Data structures and Algorithms, Computer Organization, Database management system, Numerical methods, Visual basic.
SUBJECT TAUGHT IN POST GRADUATE LEVEL
MFC & GTK, Linux Firewalls and IPV6, Digital systems & Microprocessor, Data structures & Algorithms, Computer Organization, Linux Administration, Linux Kernel, Database Management Systems, Multimedia Technology, Compiler Design, Network Programming and Administration, Operations Research
AREA OF SPECIALIZATIONS
Wireless Adhoc Networks
Wireless Sensor Networks
Geographic Information Systems
SEMINARS & PAPER PRESENTATION
Presented a paper on ‘A Timing based Countermeasure for Wormhole Attack in AODV Routing protocol’ in International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology at Bangalore (CSIT2011) in 2011
Presented paper on ‘Performance Analysis of Routing protocols in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks’ at National Conference conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology in 2011
Presented a Paper on ‘Mitigation Wormhole attack in AODV Routing Protocol Using a Combination of Cost and Timing based method’ in National conference CSIT2013, Bangalore
Published a paper named Wormhole attack evasion in wireless ad-hoc network using a cost based countermeasure at International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) 2014
Participated Faculty Development Program at IIM Kozhikode on Recent Trends in IT and Education,Jan 2008
Participated UGC sponsored 5 Day Workshop conducted at academic staff college, Kannur University 2014
Participated Hadoop cluster workshop conducted by Assure Pvt Bangalore at Chinmaya Institute of Tehnology 2013
Participated NPTEL workshop conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology October 2014
Participated one day National workshop on Ns2 Simulator at VJCET, Muvattupuzha January 2015
Participated Five Day STTP On Formal Languages & Automata Theory organised by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Govt College of Engineering Kannur on 29th February – 4th March 2016
Coordinator (Technical Section) National Conference conducted at Chinmaya Institute of Technology in 2011
Coordinator for the UGC sponsored Workshop on Geographic Information System at Chinmaya Institute of Technology July 2014
One of the Coordinator, NPTEL Workshop conducted by IIT Madras at Chinmaya Institute of Technology October 2014
Amritha, a native of Kannur, happily married to Rajesh PV, Senior Sub. Divisional Engineer BSNL Kannur. She is blessed with two kids.
A teacher by choice, I started teaching on completion of my masters degree (MCA) on January, 2000. As a person who has already been through the various stages of education and life a teacher can guide the students and help them in growing up as perceptive, self-disciplined and responsible individuals.
I have always tried to make students interested in subjects I am teaching and to dwell deeper into the subject, encouraged qualities like: reading, connecting subjects to real-world applications, think of activities and services for the larger good of the society. Though apps are not the final solutions to problems in our society, students are encouraged to do projects related to solving social issues like – women safety, kudumbasree apps, farmer friendly applications, safe taxi services, Online service consultancy for govt. employees, High Court of Kerala management system, LitCap- system for lawyers etc.
Conducts placement oriented activities like group discussions, games, soft skills, presentations etc. from June 18 to June 20 I believe that education is incomplete without value education. I try to include discussions on values in PoA (Placement Oriented Activities) sessions in my present institution. It is the responsibility of an institution to see to it that students are given the best in both subjects and values. I will be very happy to join in any extra curricular activities in the institution contributing to the overall growth of students.
Ms. Kavitha Rajan joined Chinmaya Institute of Technology in January 2006. A teacher by choice she started her teaching career in January 2000 in School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, after completing her MCA from SRM Engg. College, Madras University. She has a PhD in Computational Linguistics from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)-Hyderabad. Her areas of interest are language and semantics.
• Associate Professor School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Kerala. July 2016 – till date.
Job Description: Teaching. Coordinator of College E-Magazine ’Sandesh’. Guide for – Seminars, Case Study,Mini-project, Main project for MCA students. Coordinator for Aptitude tests. Coordinate and conduct soft-skill sessions.
• Assistant Professor School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Kerala. July 2013 (Rejoined)- July 2016. Job Description: Teaching. Coordinated and Conducted state level NPTEL Workshop. Coordinated MCA admission process.
• Teaching Assistant International Institute of Information Technology-Hyderabad, Gachibowli. Telangana.
Spring & Monsoon 2010, 2011. Job Description: A new course called Ontology of Language was introduced by Centre of Exact Humanities department of IIIT-Hyderabad. Contributed in designing the syllabus and teaching. Worked as Teaching
assistant, (Spring 2010, 2011 Monsoon 2010) Meaning: Cognition, Language and Ontology, Paninis theory of grammar.
• Lecturer School of Computer Science & Information Technology, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Kerala.
January 2006 – July 2007 (was on study leave from July 2007 to June 2013 for pursuing regular PhD in IIIT-H)
Job Description: Teaching. Software installation and updation of an open source Integrated Library System ’Koha’.
• Guest Lecturer, Contract Lecturer. School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Mahathma Gandhi University, Edappally & Kottayam Centres. Kerala.January 2000 – January 2006. Job Description: Teaching.
• External Doctoral Committee Member, Appointed as External Doctoral Committee expert in School of Computer Science and Engineering at VIT University March, 2017.
• Additional Examiner, Active participant in Kannur University valuation camps. Participated in MG University camps earlier.
• External examiner, Active participant in Kannur University lab examinations and project viva voce for students. Participated in MG University related work earlier.• External Doctoral Committee Member, Appointed as External Doctoral Committee expert in School of Computer Science and Engineering at VIT University March, 2017.
• BoS Member, Contributed in syllabus revision of MCA (2020, 2014, 2020 revision). Subjects: Computer Graphics, Principles of Management, Programming in Python, INFRASTRUCTURE, RESOURCES AND EDUCATION MANAGEMENT IN E-LEARNING, Natural language Processing
• Examiner, Appointed as Chairman BoE of MCA Degree Examinations (CBSS), Kannur University from 2017 – 2020.
Active participant in Kannur University valuation camps in the position of External examiner, Internal examiner from 2006 to 2007 & 2013 to 2016. Appointed and worked as Additional Examiner and External examiner in MG University from 2001 to 2005.
• Women Safety – Mobile app, Kudumbasree apps – buying and selling handicrafts and food products products, Farmer friendly apps – buying and selling vegetables, Safe taxi services, Online service consultancy for govt.employees, High Court of Kerala management system, LitCap- system for lawyers etc.
• ML/AI – Currently trying to implement codes given in AI with Python by Prateek Joshi. Modifying codes in NLP with data related to my research work in Machine Translation.
• Hands on course in Data Science – padhai.onefourthlabs.in
• Data Science specialization course in Coursera.
• Worked in CLIPS and Machine Translation system Anusaaraka.
WORKSHOPS and WEBINARS
• RBCDSAIs ”International Summit on Data Science and AI, 2020”, Online event. Conducted by Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, IIT Madras, from June 18 to June 20, 2020.
• FDP on ”Natural Language Processing using Python” sponsored by DTE, Govt. of Kerala at Govt. College of Engineering Kannur, 14th to 19th October,2019.
• Six day Short Term Training Program (STTP) on ”Information Security and Ethical Hacking” organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering and sponsored by Department of Technical Education, Govt. of Kerala during 19-24 February 2018.
• Life Enrichment Empowerment Programme’s (LEEP) Facilitator’s Training Programme (FTP) held at CIF, Chinmaya Gardens, Coimbatore on 10th and 11th June, 2017.
• NPTEL Kerala Workshop on Enhancing Quality of Technical and Higher Education in kerala by Integrating NPTEL content and open Education Resources into Courses of Degree programs. As part of developing a Roadmap for Kerala Technical University and Jointly Hosted by National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning, Directorate of Technical Education Kerala, Kerala State Higher Education Council, Government College of Engineering, Kannur and Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur. Held in Chinmaya Instituteof Technology, Kannur on Oct 20-21, 2014.
• AICTE Sponsored Staff Development Program in Advanced Computer Science and Mathematics for MCA Faculty, conducted by Dept. of Computer Science and Applications, Mar Athanasios College for Advanced Studies. Thiruvalla, Kerala. March 12th to 26th 2007.
• Workshop on University Teaching in Technology & Applied Sciences- Issues and Concerns, conducted by School of Technology and Applied Sciences, Kottayam, Kerala on 5th October 2005.
• Courses taught & being taught, Artificial Intelligence, Programming in Python, Advanced Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Software Engineering, Principles of management, Communication & Presentation Skills, Information Security, System Simulation & Modelling, Computer Graphics, Discrete Mathematics, Operating Systems, System Analysis & Design, Management Information System, DBMS, Operation Research, System & Network Administration
• PhD coursework, Computational linguistics 1 & 2, Language typology and universals, DBMS, NLP Applications, Generalised syntax, Advanced algorithms, Information dynamics in language & Machine Translation, Meaning: cognition, language and Ontology, AI, Computer programming in C, Linguistic data: collection & analysis.
• MCA coursework, Discrete Structures, Digital computer fundamentals, Financial Accounting & analysis, Fortran & numerical methods, Computer Architecture, Software engineering, Operating systems, ComputerGraphics, C++, Structured system analysis & design, Computer oriented statistical methods, Programming in Pascal & C, System software, Data structures, Microprocessor & its applications, Organisational dynamics, Fourth generation languages, Management information system, DBMS, Design & analysis of algorithms,Operation research techniques, AI & expert systems.
MBA (Distance Mode) Foundations of Data Science, ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY
Registered 2018. First Year – Percentage:70.5
Title: “Ontological Classification of Verbs based on Overlapping Verb Senses”
Advisors: Prof. Dr. Dipti Misra Sharma & Prof. Navjyoti Singh
A new ontological classification of verbs, based on the phenomena of overlapping senses, is proposed in my work. Maximally overlapping sense of verbs is identified as (Sanskrit)bh ̄ ava ‘happening’ , as proposed in the Indian linguistic tradition and is rendered as a recursive form. The structure of the form is change of state in context. Using this method we show the derivation of the meaning of verbs from a universal verb ‘happening’ such that every verb is uniquely specified across languages. Seven forms of meaning primitives based on ‘happening’ are proposed here. The method has been applied to develop ontologically informed etymon in Sanskrit and in English. This form of specifying meaning of verbs can be used to develop language independent ontological classification of verbs. The primitives along with ontological attributes have been used to explicate the meaning of verbs. This form of representation of every verb in terms of primitives and ontological attributes can be used in Natural Language Processing applications like Semantic Search and Machine Translation across languages. When used in NLP application like machine translation the quality of proposed output showed considerable increase.
FINAL DEFENSE COMMITTEE
Prof. Dr. Bhuvana Narasimhan, Department of Linguistics, University of Colorado,
Boulder. US. email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Shrinivasa Varakhedi, Dean, Karnataka Samskrit University, Bangalore.
Prof. Dr. G Uma Maheshwara Rao, CALTS, Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad.
• ACL-SRW-2013 Student Volunteer.
• NPTEL-Kerala workshop, 2014 Part of organising team of NPTEL-Kerala two day workshop held at
Chinmaya Institute of Technology on Oct 20-21, 2014. Took care of invitation, registration and overall
CONFERENCES / LECTURES
• Presented work at World Sanskrit Conference 2012, ACL-SRW 2013, IRISS 2015, ICON 2015, ICON 2016
• Student Volunteer ACL-SRW 2013, Bulgaria.
• Attended COLING 2012, Mumbai. ICON 2009, UoH.
• Attended lecture series titled ”NLP: A Paninian Perspective – Akshar Bharati Journey” on 18-20, 23 October
2010. Distinguished Lecture Series on 3rd March, 2010 in the UoH. by Prof. George Cardona. The title of
his talk was: Panini and Padakaras: evidence of early arguments concerning segmentation. Lecture Series on
Title: The Spirit of Enquiry.13-18th Sept, 2010. by Dr. Tejinder Walia.
1. Kavitha Rajan, “Word Sense Disambiguation: Present and Future”, Proceedings of National Conference on VISIOn 2030: Creating sustainable growth accelerators in Management IT, ChinTech,Kannur, Kerala. December 15, 2017.
2. Kavitha Rajan, “punct & MT”, Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Natural Language Processing ICON – Women Scientists in NLP, IIT BHU, December 17, 2016(to appear in ACL Anthology).
3. Kavitha Rajan, “punct – An Alternative Verb Semantic Ontology Representation”, Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Natural Language Processing ICON, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, December 11-14, 2015(to appear in ACL Anthology).
4. Kavitha Rajan “Understanding Verbs based on Overlapping Verbs Senses”, Proceedings of the ACL Student Research Workshop, Bulgaria. August 4-9, 2013, 59-66.Kavitha Rajan
5. Kavitha Rajan & Navjyoti Singh “Computational analysis of Sanskrit verbs”, Proceedings of 15th World Sanskrit Conference, Delhi. January 5-10, 2012.
6. Kavitha Rajan, “punct & MT”, ICON -2016, Women Scientists in NLP, IIT BHU, December 17-20, 2016.
7. Kavitha Rajan, “punct – An Alternative Verb Semantic Ontology Representation”, ICON-2015, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, December 12-14, 2015.
8. IRISS, Feb 5, 2015 BITS Pilani, GOA. Thesis topic selected for poster presentation. http://www.cse.iitd.ac.in/ naveen/activities/IRISS/posters.pdf.
9. Kavitha Rajan “Understanding Verbs based on Overlapping Verbs Senses”, Proceedings of the ACL Student Research Workshop, Bulgaria. August 4-9, 2013.
Recieved travel grant from ACM India for attending IRISS-2015, held in BITS Pilani, GOA on Feb 5,2015.
Recieved complete travel grant from ACL for attending ACL-SRW 2013 conference held in Sofia, Bulgaria on August 4-9, 2013.
Recieved travel grant from IIITH to attend COLING, 2012 held in Mumbai.
Recieved travel grant from IIITH to attend 15th World Sanskrit Conference, Delhi. January 5-10, 2012.
STATEMENT OF RESEARCH INTERESTS
Words, meanings and languages and their relatedness have always fascinated me. The usage of language, differences in vocabulary and accents, language variations etc. have always caught my attention. I would like to work and contribute in areas of machine translation and semantics. Indian languages have lots of similarity though they sound different. A person who knows Malayalam(South Indian language) can understand languages like Telugu, Sanskrit, Tamil, Hindi etc. This relatedness helped me a lot for my research work, as my mother tongue is Malayalam. I was formally introduced into the world of language, words and meanings by my guides, Dr. Dipti Misra Sharma, LTRC, IIITH., and Prof. Navjyoti Singh, CEH, IIITH. Dr. Vineet Chaitanya, Adjunct faculty of LTRC and Dr. Rajeev Sangal, former Director of IIITH, have also inspired me a lot. The title of my thesis is ”Ontological Classification of Verbs based on Overlapping Verb Senses”. During my PhD, we developed a unique ontological classification of verbs based on Paninian Grammar. The classification was
inspired by Conceptual Dependency theory, Nirukta (one of the six vedangas), the dictionary circularity principal and Levin’s Classification. We mainly worked on classification of verbs in Sanskrit and English. Areas of interest are AI, ML, Semantics.
DATE OF BIRTH
Sept 24th 1975.
Malayalam: Native language
Sanskrit: limited working proficiency
Yoga, reading, dancing(Bharata Natyam, Kucipudi), and cooking.
Bimal. V. O received his Ph.D in Grid Computing(2009-17) from Karpagam University, TamilNadu. He completed Master Of Computer Applications from Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore(1999-2002) under Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum. He is a Bachelor in Electronics from College of Applied Sciences under Institute of Human Resource Development(1995-1998), Govt of Kerala. He has project experience with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)- an aerospace and defence company based in Bangalore and Centre for Electronic Design and Technology of India (CEDTI). He is a member of Chinmaya family from 2007 onwards. Married to Swapna (Asst. Engineer, PWD): daughter – Ananya S Bimal -Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kannur
Examiner, PhD Thesis Evaluation Panel
Papers Published/ Presented
Conference/ Seminar ( National/ International ) Papers
“Innovative best practices and digital initiatives in Higher Education” held at Kannur University in connection with UGC-HRDC programme on 23.03.2019
Chinmaya Academicians Conclave-2019 held at Chinmaya Vibhooti, Kolwan, Pune from 20th to 22nd Feb 2019
” “BE THERE” Youth Empowerment program organized by CHYK, Chinmaya Vibhooti, Pune from May 23-27, 2018
Short term course on “Cloud Computing” organized by NITTTR, Chandigarh, Punjab from Oct 23-27, 2017
Two day National workshop on “Research Report Writing” organized by the school of Library and information science, Rajagiri College Of Social Sciences in association with Kerala Library Association held from 17-18 Feb 2017
Workshop on “GIS” 07 – 11 July 2014 conducted by UGC – Academic Staff College, Kannur University, Kerala
Two day National workshop on “Enhancing research skills in information Technology” 23,24 Sept 2011 conducted by Kannur University, Kerala
Workshop on “NBA Accreditation” 23, 24 Oct 2009 conducted by Chintech, Kannur, Kerala
Online Webinars/Workshops Presented
Associate Professor, 2017 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Assistant Professor, 2010 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Lecturer, 2007 Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur
Network Administrator, 2006 TBGRI, Thiruvananthapuram, under Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment-National centre of Excellence, Govt: of India.
Lecturer (Guest), 2006 Annamalai University off Campus, Calicut.
Lecturer, 2006 St:Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Calicut.
Lecturer, 2005 AWH Special College, Calicut.
Trainer, 2003 Times Technologies. Bangalore after the successful training on “IBM Mainframe” from KSAB Software, Chennai.
Software Programmer, 2002 Sunbeam Technologies, Bangalore.
Area of Interest/ Subjects handled
Holds a Master’s degree in Computer Applications, NET qualified and is currently pursuing Ph. D. A constant learner who is passionate in teaching. Believes that a good teacher should be a role model who have subject expertise, good communication skills, love for students and have trust on their potential. Ready to update teaching methods for improved learning experience. Major strengths are readiness to learn new things, share it with others and determination to complete assigned tasks. Her area of interest also includes software development.
PROJECTS CARRIED OUT:
Projects At Work place:
RESEARCH PAPERS PRESENTED AND PUBLISHED
Presented a paper on “Load Distribution Algorithms in Homogeneous Clusters”at ICMCM-2009(International Conference on Mathematical Computing and Management), conducted by MACFAST, Thiruvalla
Presented a paper “Dynamic Sender-initiated Algorithms with reduced polls”, at International Conference, RETIS-2011(Recent Trends in Information Systems), Jadavpur University, Kolkata (Published in IEEE Explore Digital Library)
Presented a paper on “Single System Image Clustering using Kerrighed” at ICoAC(International Conference on Advanced Computing) Dec 14-16 2011, at Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai (Published in IEEE Explore Digital Library)
Presented a paper on “ Experience with clustering using Condor” at Annual research Congress 2010 at Karpagam University.
Published a paper titled “High Throughput Computing using Condor”, Aavishkar-2011, conducted by Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur, Kerala.
Presented a paper titled “Analysis of cluster load sharing algorithms using SimGrid”,at National Conference, NCRSIP-2012,conducted by Dept of IT, Kannur University in May 2012.
Completed the training of the first module, and passed in first module exam of Oracle Certification Exam (First Module: Introduction to SQL: Oracle 9i)
Qualified UGC NET in June 2014
WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS ATTENDED
Staff Development Programme on “Grid Computing- An Academic, Industrial and Social Perspective” sponsored by AICTE at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore in 2009.
Workshop on ‘NBA Accreditation’ organized by Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2009.
International Workshop on “Cloud Computing” at Department of Computer Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai in 2010.
Short Term Course in “Geographic Information Systems with Web Applications” conducted by Academic Staff College, sponsored by University Grants Commission at Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2014
“NPTEL Kerala Workshop” organized by Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur and Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur in 2014
Mrs Jeena Kleenankandy, joined Chinmaya Institute of Technology as Assistant Professor in June 2011.
She holds an M.Tech in Software Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology and B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from College of Engineering , Thalassery. Before joining Chintech, she has been working in Wipro Technologies, Kochi as Project Engineer. She has experience in various niche technologies including Ajax, Portals, EJBs etc. Her strong area is Java programming and is a Sun Certified Java Programmer. She has been trained in IBM Websphere Commerce Application Development and Portal Solution Development. She has had opportunity to work in various domains like Health Care, E-commerce etc. Jeena,a native of Kannur,is happily married to Mr. Sreejith K, Proprietor, Penta Systems,Kannur. She is blessed with a son and a daughter, who are her greatest strength and weakness. She spends her spare time reading and learning new technologies. Though this is her first experience in teaching, she feels that this is one of the profession where you can give something back to the society. She sincerely hopes that her students will come up as,not just good professionals,but also good individuals who will contribute to the development of the society in one way or the other.
For more info http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeena-kleenankandy/84/45a/3a8
AREA OF INTEREST:
Mr.Shajeer M.P. is an M.C.A holder from Chinmaya Institute of Technolgy, Kannur. He did his graduation in Electronics from Taliparamba Arts & Science College.
Workshop/Seminar/IT Fests Conducted:
Online Courses attending / Completed
Date of joining: 02nd September 2010
Six months industrial project from Sun Microsystem, Bangalore.
Operating Systems – Windows, DOS, Linux
Programming Languages – C, C++, J2EE, JavaFx,Perl, Visual C++
Mobile Platform – Android
Web Development – Drupal, WordPress
Database – PostgreSQL, MySOL Networking, Oracle